Friday, May 1, 2015

Location, Location, Location.

A military man soon comes to terms with the inevitable orders that come every few years to pack up and move out.

I must admit that when I got my most recent marching orders, what was uppermost in my mind was whether I will be able to train where I was going.

Well, I've been here a few weeks now. My fears have been laid to rest as I have been running on some of the most beautiful routes imaginable.

Since pictures are worth a thousand words (...and since I'm too lazy to actually write stuff...), here is a ten thousand word essay on my current running spaces...

Room with a View
Cloud Nine

Up the creek without a paddle
Event Horizon
Right up my Valley
Road to Nowhere

The Wild Blue Yonder

Turning Point


Be Mine, Incline

Don't miss the Forest for the Trees
Honestly, I do miss the company of the running crowd in NCR. Distance running is definitely a social sport.

But nowadays, when I step out all alone in the mornings on empty hill roads, and the cold air fills my lungs like sweet iced champagne, and my ears fill with the music of the birds and the winds through the trees instead of engine growls and horns, I can't help but feel truly blessed to be here.

14 comments:

  1. The pictures remind me of Shillong. You are a lucky, lucky man :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! A tad higher than Shillong, a bit more isolated. But yes, very similar.

      Delete
  2. Shiv I just came to know that ur r in Military :), BTW I am ready any day to exchange the particulate matter filled air of Dwarka with ambient Oxygen for which we don't need interval runs ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're invited. The place is a 6-8 hour drive from Jammu.

      Delete
  3. The transfer orders are turning out to be blessing for the runner in you. The terrain will surely help you tremendously in getting BOSTON STRONG...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking Shillong too! Love captions as well as the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shiv your blogs have become very less frequent. Keep writing about yr training... yr runs...it inspires.
    And you have few fans in the group Ghaziabad runners club. Do share yr blogs in our group.
    Keep running.
    Keep writing.
    Keep inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pankaj. I try to write as often as I can. Will share with you guys.

      Delete
  6. Perfect settings for preparing for ultras- that are a bit less social and more spiritual experience.

    ReplyDelete